Guppy Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a female guppy that is really big. And I was wondering if there are any ways to tell if she is in labor?

Well when she is actually IN labor you will see it giving birth to babies. From personal experience mine tend to hang out around the top corners of the tank right before they give birth. They also tend to start breathing very rapidly and are less active immediately before they are going to give birth. If you want to encourage labor try doing frequent small water changes and also turn off the tank light. That generally works for mine.

They hang around in one spot, if u have a gup with an attitude they will swim others away from her area. I have a few main females that do this that's how I tell other then the massive gravid spot and also the colour will change on the gup, they will get brighter or loose spots or any type of pattern they have will change a little. ( mine do not sure on others though) but I hope u got some babies! :)

Back
Top Bottom