Guppy Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! Today I put a non pregnant guppy with one of my males. How long should I leave them in together? And how soon will she be pregnant? Thank you for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

guppies are always pregnant , even as small fry , they can have 6 or more batchs from 1 breeding
a few hours will do it the male will go right after her
if you want to breed a pure line you will need to get a few real young female fry and keep them alone for a few months to make shore they did not breed yet and that none are really males , then put them in with 1 male , with good food and good bloodlines you will get plenty of healthy fry , make shore you have fry food ready all the time I use micro worms

I have a question as well hahaha im wondering if its normal for the grsvid spot to change from dark brown to black, during the day my guppy's seems to turn black during the day and brown at night

Ok, I know she is NOT pregnant, so I put her with my male. It has been about two days. When will she be pregnant after mating.

Any one there??

It depends. She wont show signs of being pregnant right away. A week with a good Strong male would be better, you dont want her to stress out from being harassed 24/7. If their chasing her, and its been maybe 4-5 days, shes probably fertelized. Increasing the temp and frequency of feeding helps Speed gestation. Look for fry in about 3 weeks, because shes probably already been hit.

Back
Top Bottom