guppy dying or just weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yv1

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone

i have had my fancy guppies for awhile now, 2 of them are swimming really oddly.

they just chill at the top of the tank at the water line..it seems like they are dying?

all the other fish seem fine, another fancy guppy is fine too, just those 2 have slowed down tremendously the past few days.

theyve even lost some weight!

any idea what may be causing this? or are they just nearing the end of their lives?

i have 2 tanks full of fancy guppies and that is the behavior i've observed before they die. I have a few that have lasted for the past 6 months or so, but most of my originals have passed on and left the tank to their hundreds of offspring. I think you are just witnessing the end of their life cycle.

Are they females? Because if they become egg burden or whatever its called where they produce too many eggs they can't lay them all they can die. They don't usually just float around at the top though when this happens, they are usually just fine but are gigantic looking.

Either way its probably the end.

Sorry, i know its never easy when fish go.

-Dan

aww poor guppies :(

theyre still swimming, just really slowly and almost float.

they are both males, my female is still heavy with babies in her belly.

i wonder if any of the offspring are descendants or just molly babies....i cant tell the difference b/w them when they are so young. i hope they are descendants, their fathers are beautiful. :)

yup one of the guppies have gone to fish heavan....godspeed little guy

now waiting for the second to go...

the babies are all fine, they have planty of places ot hide and im giving a bunch away to some people since there are way too many of them for my 40g.

Back
Top Bottom