GUPPY FRY AND MOLLY FRY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you put newborn Guppy fry with week old Molly fry?

• Total voters

jsdbdca

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a week and a half ago my molly had babies, then this past weekend 3 more mollies had babies. Last night my guppy had babies. Now my question is would you or could i put the guppy fry in the grow out tank with the molly fry.

Any opinions would help, thanks

No problems there. The sooner they get used to each other, the better. I gave a few baby guppies to a friend who added them to young mollies and the guppies have grown up much quicker than mine that are still in the floating tank and are friendly with the mollies. However the young mollies where initially frightened of the younger mollies

EDIT
However the young mollies where initially frightened of the younger , smaller guppies. True

I wasn't sure if the mollies would pick on them or not. I have about a "hundred" molly but only 9 guppies, So i am more worried about the Guppies :mrgreen:

I currently have about 13, 3 week old molly fry with 5, 1 week old platy fry. They get along just great. I am assuming the same would be true in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom