Guppy fry Ques.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How big should my 2 week old guppy fry be? How much color should they have? I have about 15 and a little more than half have a grey tint to their whole body and two or three of those have black spots starting on their tails. Then the rest are a pale/clear cream color which I'm guessing are females.

I wouldnt say the fry would be over 1-2 centimeters big. I have platy fry that are still gray in color and they are only 3 weeks old, but they have been getting there mickey mouse on their tails :) I would say they would get color until the about a month

How fast your guppy fry grow and how soon they color up depends mostly on their diets.

If fed lowgrade commercial foods (flake, etc.) their growth will be very, very slow. It can sometimes take months to see significant growth and differing sexual characteristics. Higher grade commercial foods will promote faster growth, and you'll see faster growth and color, six to eight weeks.

Feeding them live brine shrimp is best. At three weeks, you can begin to sex them very easily and their growth rate is unbeleivable.

Back
Top Bottom