Guppy fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have around 30 guppy fry now but cleaning the tank is a pain trying not to suck and of the little guys up are there and fish or invertebrates that would be ok in a fry tank that will clean it up?

No tank inhabitant can replace water changes. However, what I do in tanks w/super tiny babies is I just dip a cup in the tank and remove water that way. The substrate does not get cleaned, yes, however if a good maintenance schedule is kept up, this should not cause any ammonia spikes. I do recommend, though, to start gravel vacuuming once possible, this is just a temporary solution.

No tank inhabitant can replace water changes. However, what I do in tanks w/super tiny babies is I just dip a cup in the tank and remove water that way. The substrate does not get cleaned, yes, however if a good maintenance schedule is kept up, this should not cause any ammonia spikes. I do recommend, though, to start gravel vacuuming once possible, this is just a temporary solution.

That's what I've been doing thanks

Back
Top Bottom