Guppy fry!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ahhhh!!! :) I'm so happy! My Big Mama just had 70+ fry! She isn't in a breeder and she hasn't even eaten one! They are all SO healthy and swimming around at the middle and being so active. They have eaten a little egg yolk, and they are quite happy. Big Mama is a naturally huge guppy and she is bigger than my thumb! She was a virgin and I selected to breed her with one of my GORGEOUS delta tailed males with purple, orange, green and blue tie-dye body and tail.

Any suggestions for large strong and healthy growing fry? I would love any homemade food recipes or no cost recommendations. Also, any suggestions for Apple snails? How to make them grow large? What else can they eat besides algae?. Thanks!! :)

females will have a black spot behind the belly(gravid spot)
males will have a long staright finn between the the 2 anal fins
males are more colorful then female

baby brine shrimp are the best thing to feed fry (3 times a day)
apple snails alage pellets, cucumber, dead fish theyll eat anything, cucumber will do great

Granulated flake foods have worked just fine with me, interspersed with peas and defrosted frozen live food.

There's a really big chance that your female is eating the babies but if its just her alone in the tank with them she'll only be eating one or two at a time.

All the babies are still there and they're in a 10 gal with my guppies and mollies. None of them ever hide, and none of the other fish go after them. It's really odd, but cool :)

Big Mama died :( old age. She was very old and had started getting a spinal curve down (from old age)

Back
Top Bottom