Guppy frys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuMcc99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question and I might of already answered my own question,
I have some guppy fry's ( 6 of them) and they all look like female ones, but I was wondering if they all look like that and then some may be males??

That's pretty much it. They all look plain to start. I think the males start to develop colour and caudal fin are visible after a month or 2

Although i have two guppy fry from last month and they are still tiny. Im not sure if theyre even 2cm long. If one is a male i cant tell yet. I think it may take another month to confirm

Have you got them in the tank with the other fish yet? Mine where only born on New Year's Day

My new fry are in a little breeder trap(homemade). The older 2 + 1 rogue new fry i didnt see is in the tank with just the mother guppy. Its a 25 litre tank. She could easily eat the small fry but she doesnt seem to pay it much attention. The older fry are probably still mouth size but large enough that they swim around without troubling each other.

I have all six in a breeding box to, save away from the other, I am feeding them flake very small bits tho. I do need to clean the breeding box out tho, as the bottom of it is getting a bit fluffy, I am doing a water change tomoz so will clean it out then. My tetras keep going up to the box don't k ow if the r eyeing up the fry or the food that's in there.

I have all six in a breeding box to, save away from the other, I am feeding them flake very small bits tho. I do need to clean the breeding box out tho, as the bottom of it is getting a bit fluffy, I am doing a water change tomoz so will clean it out then. My tetras keep going up to the box don't k ow if the r eyeing up the fry or the food that's in there.

I struggled to feed mine crushed flake so i dad to feed egg yolk for tge first two weeks. Today my brine shrimp eggs arrived so i will try these and hope the new fry grow faster. Ill still feed flakes to the larger fry

Hey I had this problem too. I thought they were all female but I had to wait until the fish was almost full grown and saw some were males from the fins underneath. Just have to wait

Done my water change. My fry trap was pretty unstable. It was meant for my original fry and served that purpose. i've let the fry out. I think i have 17 or 18. Hopefully they'll work out all the hiding spots before they get eaten

i have a 3 month old male guppy fry who is starting to get his coloring and his fin is modifying... i also have 14 other fry, half are a month old, half are a week or so... all live bearer fry look like females until they start to sexually mature, but if you look closely you can sometimes see a tiny dark spot on the rear of the true females @ about a month old... this will become larger and be the gravid spot when they are mature...

I have guppy fry about 3 weeks old and some visibly show the gravid spot. Is it safe to say they will no sex change if they show this spot??

They are most likely female, but may switch 2 male if you keep just girls 2gether...

Back
Top Bottom