Guppy Giving Birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdwright

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help...I never meant to breed guppies now my female is giving birth today
there are two other guppies in the tank is this ok

I think that most people provide a safe place for the little ones to hide. Anything that will give cover is god like plants, fake plants, things that look like grass...

As long as you do not have larger fish in the tank with them, you should be ok I think.

That is quite common for guppies, many come pregnant from the lfs. What size tank do you have? Guppy fry should be ok with the parents if there are nothing but guppies in the tank. Crush up fish flakes really really fine and feed it to the guppies. Be careful to not overfeed.

ok they have ample coverage they seem to be doing fine...but the mother seems to have another one half in and half out of her is this common or something wrong

If it is still born and she is binding then theres not much you can do to help I'm afraid. She may pass it through on her own but its about a 50/50 chance. I'm sorry to say those aren't good odds. Best thing to do is hope for the best, and if not... you have lots of babies to succeed her.

Thanks Alshain for the infor she has passed it..thank heavens didn't want to lose her to she seems to be doing fine so far

Back
Top Bottom