Guppy with bent tail-dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animallover09

Aquarium Advice Activist
My guppy has a bent tail that is like a 90 degree angle. His tail started this like a week ago and my other fish were picking on him. His tail started to look shredded and it started bending a lot more. I thought he was having fin rot or something so I took him out and put him in a plastic fish keeper with an air stone in it to medicate him. I've been giving him fin rot/ich medicine for a week now and no improvement. He cant really swim. He only uses his front fins. He mainly stays at the top. I've seen him eat and use his energy to get food. I feel so bad for him and I know I can't save him but I just can't euthanize him. I had him in a 10 gallon with another guppy, 3 white skirt tetras, 3 danios, 2 ghost shrimp, and some snails. All of those fish are acting normal. I know the tank was over stocked but it was temporary. All of those fish were switched to a 48 gallon today and are still okay.

I change his water daily in that plastic container and give him that medicine. His tail doesn't look as shredded but it is bent sideways really bad.

Idk what the water parameters were when this all started but I tested the ammonia after I took him out a week ago and it was 0.

What did I do wrong and how can I help him?

ForumRunner_20140113_213109.jpg

Could someone please at least tell me what is wrong with him so I can know not to do it to my other fish?
He is still suffering. I'm sure there's nothing that can be done but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Yes. Its like a 90 degree angle sideways. He has quit swimming all together. He's just laying on the bottom now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom