Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClearVision94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what guppy species this is? I saw it at the NC Nature Museum and it looked really beautiful.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388182412.993992.jpg

That actually looks like an endler. "Peacock" I think. I believe it is a p. wingei (Wild type endler) / p.reticulata (guppy) cross.

They're fairly common in the hobby. They are regularly on aquabid and I see them at club auctions all the time. SwampRiverAquatics.com is a bit expensive but he has an amazing variety.

That's cool, but is it commonly used as a feeder? It was being used as a feeder to feed a siren at the museum...

Yes they are. Usually not the nicer varieties though.

There is quite an organized Endler Society with breed standards and classifications. Many of the pure wild strains are gone from the wild and are rigorously maintain by society members. Kudos to them! I'm making plans to do a 20g long, planted, with nothing but a pure wild strain of Endlers this February. OS.

The first pics are a salamander? They look similar to a hellbender, but different.

The other pics are female endlers.

Back
Top Bottom