Guppys, All males in one tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Would like Guppies, but i've read how much they reproduce. I'd rather not have to become an executioner and cull guppy fry, since the tank im using is going to be fully stocked. If i place severa (2 - 3) Male Guppies in one tank, but no females, would they in fight with each other?

No issues here either..5 males and yes they spend all day every day trying to figure out why they cant mate

No i kept 60 male guppies that i got for free in 4 of my 20 longs. Lived for about 3 years before i fed them to my 16 inch albine tiger oscar. I ended up feeding him to a bunch of 18 inch turtles lol

No i kept 60 male guppies that i got for free in 4 of my 20 longs. Lived for about 3 years before i fed them to my 16 inch albine tiger oscar. I ended up feeding him to a bunch of 18 inch turtles lol

wow... vicious. I have used guppies as feeders before but never an oscar... to each their own but by the time I have a fish that is 16 inches I am kinda attached.

5gallontank said:

Let me guess, then you ate the turtles?

I keep male guppies together, and have only seen aggression between them if one is ill or dying. They definitely will pick on the sick guy. Otherwise they are very peaceful. They are very social, I would go with atleast 3. :)

We have 5 male guppies. Two seem to try to mate. Which is rather funny. Kiss chasing fish!!
They don't fight. There actually quite happy with each other! They actually bullied the silver sharks when they were put in the tank!

Back
Top Bottom