guppys very sick help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smiller1776

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank it was planted , I took out all the plants and put into a 5 gal plant only tank. I am treating bad case of velvet with "korwdon brand" ich/velvet
I'm also got Epson salt onboard along with freshwater aquarium salt. Hence taking out the plants. Also using melafix and keeping to temp as close but not over 84 as I can so speed up the velvet cycle. And feeding peas to battle what I think is constipation. And tank is cycled set up for bout close to 2 months. Any thing else I can do..... or info I can provide let me me know thanks. Almost forgot I have invertabrits in the tank and fry

ForumRunner_20130901_135726.jpg

. Thanks

Is that Kordon Ich Attack ? If so, the label says it is safe for inverts.. it has no copper or other chemicals known to harm inverts. Fry may be more at risk because they are tiny, but you have to treat them too.

I am not sure it is wise to use both epsom salt and aquarium salt though, I would be concerned the magnesium might make the water too hard. I'd stick with the salt and the Ich Attack for now. I'd also stop the melafix, simply on the principle that you can have too much of anything. Right now you have four things added to the water, and if there are problems how will you know which one is causing it ?

Go with the Ick Attack, salt if you feel you must, but not the other two for now. I understand you are worried for your fish, but too much can be as bad or worse than not enough, especially where meds are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom