H2O2 algae treatment - Pointers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Tonight after sitting in a bucket for a few days I took the Cladophora Algae and pulled off what I saw, but unfortunately it was mixed in with the real moss I wanted to be growing.

All the plants were soaked in a mixture of 3 parts water plus 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide. For 6 minutes. Then put into clean treated water, until I was finished, and then rinsed and put into a larger amount / 5G bucket of clean treated water.

The plants that were treated were Anubias Nana Petite & A. Micro
60074-albums13946-picture70837.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70838.jpg

No other pics...
Crypt Balansae
6-8" Sword 2 kinds
Peackock Moss Java Moss and Christmas Moss
Guppy Grass Najas
Subwassertang

DW and stones

All dunked and rinsed and put in new water.

Now what?

Should this kill the algae?

Anybody have some additional treatment recommendations? Safe for fish or shrimp?

Not had any alge issues which needed serious action before! All low tech :)

Tonight after sitting in a bucket for a few days I took the Cladophora Algae and pulled off what I saw, but unfortunately it was mixed in with the real moss I wanted to be growing.

All the plants were soaked in a mixture of 3 parts water plus 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide. For 6 minutes. Then put into clean treated water, until I was finished, and then rinsed and put into a larger amount / 5G bucket of clean treated water.

The plants that were treated were Anubias Nana Petite & A. Micro
60074-albums13946-picture70837.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70838.jpg

No other pics...
Crypt Balansae
6-8" Sword 2 kinds
Peackock Moss Java Moss and Christmas Moss
Guppy Grass Najas
Subwassertang

DW and stones

All dunked and rinsed and put in new water.

Now what?

Should this kill the algae?

Anybody have some additional treatment recommendations? Safe for fish or shrimp?

Not had any alge issues which needed serious action before! All low tech :)

Dose excel everyday to the recommended for a couple of weeks. The glut should kill any remaining spores :)

Back
Top Bottom