Hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I still have a hair algae problem in my tank, I started using purified water. Is a light part of the problem as well. And I feed once a day.

2 triggers and a wrasse

I can never remember what type of wrasse and its a 55 I know it's small I want to get rid of the triggers

what kind of triggers as well? pics and we can probably tell you what kind of wrasse you have.

Niger, orange line (I'm color blind so I think it is orange)

I'm not home now but the wrasse is long and skinny and has blueish lines on its face

(I'm no expert) but with the information I have been given I would guess that the hair algae is from additional nutrients in your tank. When triggers eat they are pretty messy, wrasses as well. How much food are you feeding and how often? How longs has the tank been established? and how long has each fish been in the tank?

About half a brine shrimp block rotating with a 1/4in piece of table shrimp once a day.
Like 8 months

I think you probably have far too many nutrients in your tank. What kind of filtration do you have?

HOB? In sump? If so how large? And how often are you doing water changes?

Back
Top Bottom