hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No no and no brookster. I do have some root tabs in, just small amounts. I noticed the water sprite take off from it, but the Val isn't growing very well. I've been using seachem flourish excel mostly because I've seen it helps with algae

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can go to using a siesta period. Run lights 3 hours, off 2, then on 3. Algae needs a longer photoperiod to grow and by splitting the light periods it makes it difficult if not impossible to grow.

You may also want to go to running only 1 bulb since you don't have CO2 and only dose small amounts of liquid carbon.

I only have 2 15 watt.. isn't thT technically only 1.5 watts per gallon?

I personally think breaking up the light on hours is a great idea!

Ok I'll have to try that. I'll see if it makes a difference. Might have to get a timer!

I only have 2 15 watt.. isn't thT technically only 1.5 watts per gallon?

Right now you need to concentrate on getting rid of the algae. Lowering the light level and photoperiod can be a great help.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll get a timer and set it for 3 2 3

Reign
I talked to some experts today!!

They said people can go a full seven days with a blackout. Typically they start with 36-48 hours or so. see how much it affects the algae then carry-on from there. thought you should know lol

Back
Top Bottom