Hair Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So it has not even been a full week and my hair algae is gone completely. Here is what I did. I turned all of my lights off for two days. Now I have cut back my 10,000 k daylight lights to just 2hrs a day and will increase slowly to 6 hrs. I have added fluval phosphate/nitrate remover. I will after the weekend take this out and add my Bulk Reef Supply GFO. Feric Oxide. It is better tahn fluval IMO. I had high levels of phosphate and have now gotten rid of them. I have also added some trochous snails and 2 conchs. Everything is doing great. I had no coraline algae die off. In fact the tank looks healthier imagine that.
Before: Notice almost no coraline growth
18608-albums490-picture3638.jpg

After: Look at all the purple...Looks healthy huh! IT IS
18608-albums490-picture3750.jpg

The last pic was taken with actinic blues on as my white(10,000 k)dont come on until later in the day for only 2 hours. Next week I will step up to 3 hours.

I don't have a SW tank but it looks like you've done an amazing job to get rid of the algae. A large outbreak of algae in any tank can be quite a challenge to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom