hairy situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spy_90

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi thanks a lot in advance for any advice : )

i have 2 german blue rams and 1 otto in my tank.. maybe a 2-3 weeks ago one of the rams started to develop a white puff spot on his face.
i didn't know what it was, and it didn't really fit any discription... so i gave it a best guess and treated for fungus. I tried 3 different fungus medicines over the past 2-3 weeks, but none of them seem to have any effect, so I now am not sure what exactly this thing is.

I would like now to quarentine the one sick fish, however i'm unsure how to do this.. because I only have one tank right now, but am going to buy another.. here's what i was thinking:

buy a larger tank(any excuse right? :oops: ) for the healthy(?) fish.. and keep the sick one in the current tank. the only thing i am worried about is if the other fish are exposed to whatever it is the sick one has..
if i got a larger tank i would like to add some more fish to it of course, but don't want to have it imediatly infected with something. but at the same time i don't want to keep them in the same tank as this sick fish!

is there anything i can do to help in this situation? should i just get a small tank for the sick fish and leave the healthy ones in the current tank?

also does anyone here know what would be wrong with my sick fish? i wish i had a camera.. but he has a white spot on his face that seems to be growing slowly.. it's protrudes out, and is kind of like a white moleish looking thing. he also has a white/hazy area right where his fin meets his body. i have seen him rub against the rocks a little bit, if that helps!
like i said i have tried fungus meds.. not sure what to try next!

i'm not sure if it's related or not, but both of the rams seem to have a problem with their dorsel and rear(?) fins.. they seem to have a whisp on them.. it's hard to describe.. but the fins seem to trail.. like they have a streamer attached to the end of their dorsel/rear fins.

thanks a lot for any advice or assistance! i have had 0 luck trying to find what the causes are online.. thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom