Half my fish died after 2 years of health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We do have 5 fish left but they all look very pale.
What concentration do you dilute the bleach too? I'm assuming you just fill the tank with the diluted bleach water and run your filter after wiping it downAnd then i know you soak the tank inn dechlorinator. Will the tetra aqua safe or stress coat work? From reading they say they do the same thing as prime.

Most safe dips are 1/20 so to not be safe I like 1/4 or close. Many go 50/50 but that is a lot of bleach in some tanks.
No real sense in disinfecting the tank if you are keeping the fish though?

The fish may not make it and we may just start over where they might be carrier's of whatever we had. They are in our qt tank now but i can't decide what to do with then they aren't more than $5 a peice and do look very pale. The cat fish kind of looked like he May have some blood streaking. So you do a quarter bleach to 3/4 water?

Sorry for all the questions! I really appreciate your help because i really would like to know better techniques and there is so much conflicting online

Yes I mix bleach at least 1 part to 3 water.
The stronger the solution the better it will kill what ever bacteria.
The streaking sounds like ammonia issues often associated with QTs.?
It is hard to be 100% on any fish stuff so sometimes it is better to error on the safe side.
Now you see $ value you realize the risk is not really worth it?
It is hard choice to make and everyone is entitled to make it themselves.
I just hope I am helping some?

Back
Top Bottom