Hand feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crewless said:
Who feeds there fish by hand? And what fish?

All of my glowlight tetras, both my angelfish, my featherfin catfish (sometimes), my hatchetfish, and my peacock eel will all eat food from my hands, especially bloodworms.

Even if my hands in the tank but i dont have fiah, my fish wont leave me alone!

I feed all my saltwater fish by hand. They were a starry blenny, a clownfish, a few green chromis and my shrimp : D

I hand feed my lieutenant tang, purple tang, doctor tang, fox face lo, and my yellow tang

o_O wow thats alot of fish i just got my gurami yesterday and today i tryed to hand feed and i got suprised when him and my goldfish and my striped fish i bought from walmart also took food the tiger barbs investaged all tge comotion but didnt go for the food :( ill getem eventualy the tigers are very small i got them yesterday also

I want angels how are there tempermants with other fish?

Crewless said:
I want angels how are there tempermants with other fish?

I had two, had to get rid of one because they were pecking at each other.. most community fish are fine as long as they arent small enough to fit in an adult angels mouth... Like guppies and neon tetras.

ashleynicole said:
I had two, had to get rid of one because they were pecking at each other.. most community fish are fine as long as they arent small enough to fit in an adult angels mouth... Like guppies and neon tetras.

How bad of pecking? Like almost kill? Or just small pecks? Mine do this, but Im not sure..

My angel is also with 2 black skirt tetras and a small red eye tetra and a. Pleco and to Cory cats he is nice occasionally nippy around feeding time aroun the spot I feed em at

Gboy66 said:
How bad of pecking? Like almost kill? Or just small pecks? Mine do this, but Im not sure..

When they were little it wasn't bad, then as they grew it got worse to the point were they both had scars and peck marks. They would swim side by side and occasionally peck each other and it was just not getting better.

ashleynicole said:
When they were little it wasn't bad, then as they grew it got worse to the point were they both had scars and peck marks. They would swim side by side and occasionally peck each other and it was just not getting better.

Hmm...yes mine sound a bit similar. Maybe ill replace one with a pearl gourami pair..

I had a pair once before who used to do the breeding dance (shake and lock lips) and never pecked each other..I never got eggs or anything but they were peaceful. I was hoping for that this time around, but wasn't lucky...

My angels got a bit nippy with each other from time to time but were usually pretty affectionate with each other. They were a mated pair though, not sure how non-paired angels might be together.
But on the topic of hand feeding I had a female betta who would swim in circles for some food in my hand. I have also started hand feeding my puffers snails. They have also nipped me when I don't have food and I'm just trying to clean the tank. And they have TEETH! Ouch...

Back
Top Bottom