Hard question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a large green carpet anenome. . . . Obviously I go through diamond gobies like brine shrimp. . . Any ideas on another way to keep the sand clean ? I have two sand sifting starfish which help, but not all the way.

Thanx

Stronger flow near the bottom, blue legged hermit crabs, red legged hermit crabs, lots of nassaurius snails.

I think your right . . . I think my return pump is inadequate. I do have some crabs and snails

Maybe add a couple powerheads near the bottom, opposite sides, pointing at each other. Wavemaker if you have one.

I have a 500ltr tank and I had a orange spot in my tank and the sand was great, he kept it nice and clean all the time. He was a good feeder as well. All this was before he jumped out of the tank and then my dog eat part of it!!!! I know it’s odd, why would a bottom feeder jump out of a tank?

I had one that jumped ship, and my friend had one that jumped. So no more for me, and my friend had a lid, only about an inch and a half was open at the back.

I have heard of them jumping out. What are you doing to keep your sand clean now?

Goto bulkreefsupply and order some DIY screen tops to keep gobie in! I would get rid of the sand sifting starfish they will kill all the good in your sand bed!

Back
Top Bottom