Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

This is my first time posting.

I've have set up my first ever tank and got it fishlessly cycled. I put 6 harlequin rasboras in there the other day. I'm thinking of getting some more fish in there and I was wondering about how many I could stock in a 98 litre tank?

The dimensions of my tank are 70cm x 35cm x 40cm.

I was thinking of possibly getting some more harlequins in there but any suggestions for other suitable fish would be much appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

You could add 5 Pygmy Cories one sparkling or dwarf gourami. And anamo or cherry shrimp. Maybe 4 guppies :)

You have lots of options for compatibility!

I have a 20 gal with rasboras and neons currently. I thought I was set on my list but I've been flip flopping on how to finish up the tank. Options I'm debating are rummy nose tetras, rams, prestilla tetras, corys and am pretty certain I will be going with a dwarf gourami, I was hoping for a flame gourami but they never carry them at my LPS.

You can go with basically any tetras and other rasboras(size providing). For other Rasboras you could go axelrod rasboras, they have a really neat coloration.

Dwarf gourami, flame gourami or another similar kind, Samzter mentioned sparkling.
Rams, though they aren't hardy so you would need to have a good handle on your water prams. They are amazing looking though

Perhaps some cherry barbs, golden white cloud minnows, glo light danios. You have a few bottom dweller options as well.

All just things to think about and look into. You really have a fair amount of options for compatibility.

Tam tam, are you in america? I was gonna say I might be breeding flames soon :D

Nope, good old Eastern Canada. lol. We do have a new pet store opening some point in the near future I noticed and I'm hoping they are better than my current option.

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll be getting some new fish in my tank soon.

Back
Top Bottom