Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone caring for Harlequin Rasboras? How many do you have? Are they easy to care for? Do they color up well (the orange)? What are some behaviors, such as do they school mostly? What do they love to eat? Post your pics!
Oh, I just got a school of them and I really want to know all I can, thanks!

yea when they are happy and healthy they color up real red

Yes they colour up nicely and the school quite tightly, they are also very easy to care for. They eat pretty much anything you put in the tank.

Anyone caring for Harlequin Rasboras? How many do you have? Are they easy to care for? Do they color up well (the orange)? What are some behaviors, such as do they school mostly? What do they love to eat? Post your pics!
Oh, I just got a school of them and I really want to know all I can, thanks!

+1 on the tight schooling. I have a school of 9 and they fit in well. I don't know if it is just mine but I've had two jump out when doing a pwc, one survived a 6ft drop which I thought pretty amazing.

Yes I have 8 and they are a great community schooling fish. I have 4 from one shop and 4 from another. First 4 are a lovely orange but other 4 are duller but bigger. Probs my favourite in the tank. No trouble at all.

I only have 2, but I've had them several years. They're very red and have gotten quite big. They were itty bitty when I first got them. Great fish for a community tank IMO.

+1 on the tight schooling. I have a school of 9 and they fit in well. I don't know if it is just mine but I've had two jump out when doing a pwc, one survived a 6ft drop which I thought pretty amazing.

no i had one that jumped out a couple times during water change and i didnt even see him till i was walking back and saw him on the floor. he was lucky i didnt step on him. just dropped him back in

Back
Top Bottom