Harmys official 75g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hate lighting. i started out wanting LED's cause i think they look amazing. then i decided i wanted a 6 buld t5 unit. i was pretty set on a catalina t5 fixture. good reviews good price. now im back to wanting LED's. /sigh. i really think the hardest thing besides stockign list is lights.

Now in the past 30 days, this is the most popular thread. :) Just thought that was funny.

lol that is funny. complain and they shall come? wait no its build it and they should come. hahaha:ninja:

its really funny when i had my planted tank i was in a hurry to build it and fill it up and see it in what was my complete vision of the tank. so far with this tank i have been in no rush at all. i kinda know this is something i have wanted for a really long time and something i have plans to keep for a very long time. im talking decades not months or years. there may be tank upgrades down the line but a reef tank will always be here. i really am enjoying doing it peice by peice a little bit at a time.

Ya I think I have a few subscribers but not much activity because I'm waiting and not building...
ya i was sad to see your diy plywood go :puppydogeyes: i really am facinated by them and plan on doing one in the future. my plan is to have a shallow one under 20 inches. but do a u shape on 3 sides of a wall. but thats for in the future.

Congrats! One of these days I'll quit, at least that's what I keep telling myself. :rolleyes: You go cold turkey?

no. i took pills, and was on the patch. i did it thru a stop smoking program at the local VA office.

so whats everyone ones favorite aquarium magazine. i just got my aquarium fish international in the mail today. what do you all read?

I don't have time for fish mags... I don't have time to do much reading at all... (hence all my spelling mistakes)

I know alot of people that read allot and can't spell for beans! Don't worry about it. :)

I know alot of people that read allot and can't spell for beans! Don't worry about it. :)
not nice to talk about me in my own thread.lol j/k. i really enjoy reading. forums, magizines, books. thats what i spend alot of my free time doing. it relaxes me

Congratulations on quitting smoking, I keep saying that I quit but whenever people around me are smoking I can't seem to say no. I am pretty sure I will quit when I am no longer in the Army because none of my friends outside the Army smoke.

On to the thread, I love it, I don't have any suggestions but i have a 75 gallon tank I have been thinking about turning into Saltwater and this post is a huge inspiration! Thanks for the pics and post as many as possible! :D

Free time? I get about 5 min once every 2 hours on my "day's off" that I either do research or I'm on here hoping someone else has already done the leg work for me :)

Congratulations on quitting smoking, I keep saying that I quit but whenever people around me are smoking I can't seem to say no. I am pretty sure I will quit when I am no longer in the Army because none of my friends outside the Army smoke.

On to the thread, I love it, I don't have any suggestions but i have a 75 gallon tank I have been thinking about turning into Saltwater and this post is a huge inspiration! Thanks for the pics and post as many as possible! :D
ty. and good luck quiting. i feel so much better now that i did. i was in the army and use to carry a smoke and lighter to pt. then after the 2 mile run i would light up lol. bad bad

as for the tank not much going on now. im in a slow period. not a whole lot i can do till my rock cures. i have 150 pounds of sand in a trash can being cleaned. and i changed the curing process on my rock. ill be buying a ro/di unit soon. other then that just kind of waiting for the rock.

i should prolyl get a stockign list together soon. i kinda know what i want in terms of fish but i have no clue on how to tell if it will be over stocked, no idea on cuc thou i would like a variety of diffrent things.

its just kind of a slow project. hopefully ill have water in it by june 1st.

Thanks for your service and keep safe and hey, I did 3-4 packs a day and then one day I stopped. That's 30 years ago. People tell me what made me quit and I say that I havn't quit I just stopped smoking. Heck, quit is forever.

Back
Top Bottom