has anybody seen this before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make sure you use plastic not metal gutters and that you have a drill bit large enough to make the holes. It's really simple and looks good once it's done but it gets expensive due to plastic gutters not being cheap. Also it's easy for fish to get lost in the caves so watch them and keep count at feeding time.

I looked into doing it once but decided against it due to cost to line my 100g.

It looks like it could be a nice functional backdrop to a tank. I don't know that I would do so many little holes though, since it kind of looks like swish cheese. Once it gets some natural algae the appearance would likely be improved aswell.

The downside is that you might get fish hiding a lot more than you are used to and it could take weeks to confirm a fish loss.

I can't speak to the materials being used and the overall safety for an aquarium setting, since I don't mess with a lot of DIY tank decor. Typically as long as they are not toxic to fish and don't alter the pH, I wouldn't expect any problems.

I'm not a huge fan of the 2D backgrounds and this just looks awesome. I love to build decor so it could be fun. However I would never see my fish so its not really for me. Just wanted to share!

bcurlacher54 said:
idk, lacks the depth of real rock in my opinion. looks great through

You can't beat a really nice rock build. But this is beautiful and I really love the functionality. It would be hard to clean behind if you didn't have strong current. And it is a vertical build, leaving plenty of floor space. I might do it somewhere down the road. But for now I will admire this one. Lol

Mark388 said:
Make sure you use plastic not metal gutters and that you have a drill bit large enough to make the holes. It's really simple and looks good once it's done but it gets expensive due to plastic gutters not being cheap. Also it's easy for fish to get lost in the caves so watch them and keep count at feeding time.

I looked into doing it once but decided against it due to cost to line my 100g.

The plastic. You say that for fish safety or in that aluminum might swing params? Either way, I agree.

you can try to use acrylic or plexi glass just shape it to your likes and make holes with a holesaw diffrent sizes would be cool to give look

I feel like acrylic would weigh a ton. Plexi is a great idea though! I do like the idea of mix and match sizes. Something about this one looks a little too uniform.

Back
Top Bottom