Has anyone bought any fish from this website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xgamer2391

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really want to buy a butterflytail goldfish but they are only found online, so I found this site : buygoldfishonline.com so anyone heard of it before or bought from it. thanks

Yes, they also sell individual fish on eBay. When you buy from their website, they pick the fish you receive- the pics are you indicative of the type, no guarantee on sex, color, etc. I have not personally purchased from them as I want to be able to pick the fish I am purchasing but I do know some people that were satisfied with their purchases.

Their customer service though leaves a bit to be desired- they refused to provide me with a phone to contact them regarding questions with ANYTHING and only responded to one of numerous email inquiries. Perhaps this has improved in the past year or two but it made me think twice before considering doing business with them.

thanks for the info, im not really concerned about the fish sex but the guarantee of the fish being shipped. im gonna wait a little more to see if somebody else has other info before taking any decision whether i order or not from them.. thanks for the quick response, i really like this forum

Have you considered purchasing from RainGarden? Steve is a wonderful person to do business with and has the most the most reasonable shipping charges of any private breeder out there. The fish you see is the fish you purchase and even if you do not see exactly what you are looking for, just send him an email and he will let you know if its available or when it will be.

Rain Garden Goldfish

I did check raingarden site and prices are the best compared to dandyorandas but im not looking for huge fish cuz i want to see them grow bigger :), thats why im interested in this site cuz fish are medium and small, like maximum size 3 inches from nose to where tail begins, all my goldfish are about that size so i dont wanna buy a huge fish that looks like their daddy :):):). Either way i will double check raingarden maybe i missed one. I guess you are the only one who is giving good advices around here, good to meet you, by the way nice photo about goldfish sizes you made in that thread and i wish i had a fish like that. thanks

Thanks! Best advice I can offer is don't be in a rush to purchase fish. Your guys will grow ALOT (and breed, lol) and they live quite a long time. Wait to find what exactly you are looking for because you will eventually find it even though it may not be this month or next month or even until next year. It also would not hurt to drop Steve an email and mention that your interested in fish to grow out rather than larger juveniles that he has posted. The goldfish forum classifieds are another place to find people who are selling youngsters or culls inexpensively. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom