Has anyone ever seen 30" high background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can't find anything taller than 24' . I will probably end up using a deep blue piece of fabric, but would love to find one of those shiny blue background with this height.
TIA

hmm...how good are you with a paint brush? acrylic based paints can be a wonderful way to add a backing to your tank. and you can by hand and a gradient in the blue color to get the effect of sunlight comming through. or you can simply just lay on one solid color.

NO wrinkles to worry about!

I just put together 4 new tanks, and used Krylon Fusion to spray paint the backs of them. It looks awesome! I would recommend this to anyone. Its easy, cheap, and they have a blue color that IMHO was perfect.

the good thing about acrylic paints is that should you need to remove it one day, its very quick and easy to do with a razor blade.

No can do (without a crane) its up against a wall. :wink: I have about 5" of clearance.

quarryshark said:
No can do (without a crane) its up against a wall. :wink: I have about 5" of clearance.

You could always get a large piece of acrylic/glass/poster board or whatever cut. Then paint this and attach it to the back of your tank. It would be easy to remove or repaint if you get tired of it.

I have a 31" tall 110g aquarium and got some backing from that Canadian company Al's I think? It was just solid rock on one side and a planted type setting on the other. I actually never used it so you could have it for free if you want.

Appreciate the offer Jamal, but I just want the blue background. I like your first Idea though. I guess its off to Home Depot in the AM.
Wanted the mirror like blue, but what you propose may work out nice.
I have looked at some colored poster board, but none of it was the right color.
I'll play around with some paints.
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom