Has anyone ever used "Herbal Ich Attack"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has any one used this product with any luck in treating Ich. Claimed to be reef safe. Thanks,

Kevin, I'm not able to send you the link, but go to the site I gave you and click on Kordon, then click on Kordon product list, then scroll down to Preventatives and Treatments, it is item #39444

Hope this helps,
Richard

I wouldn't use it, I'm still skeptical, but I doubt it would harm the tank. It may work, people use garlic for ick in SW fish, my biggest problem with it is it crosses the SW/FW boundries. SW and FW ick are two different things and treated differently as well.

I am curiouse to know if you have any success with this product, or any product for that matter. As Fishfreek knows, i have been battling with ich in my reef for a week or so now. I thought that it had subsided, with raising the temp and feeding garlic infused foods to my fish, but I got a call from my wife this morning at the office and she said that when the actinics came on this morning, the tang was covered in white spots, again! 8O The tuskfish still has some on his tail. I am at al loss...like i said, they where looking better until this morning. Maybe it wa all the people in my house on Sat stressed them out again? I really dont want to have to try and net them so I can put them into a QT. That will stress them out even more, not to mention what it will do to me. :(

I've got to chime in... cause I just discovered spots on my beloved Yellow Tang.
I'm just going to watch...Please keep us updated on your situation STRESCO... Thanks

Well, i tore down my tank last night and moved the tusk ane the tang into a 10 gal QT. I used the water from my main tank to fill the QT in hopes to not have a long acclimation period. I am feeding them garlic soaked SeaWeed Salad and have started to raise the copper level. I added 1ml of Cupramine late last night (About 2:30am) after i placed all my LR back into my main tank. I will do a water test tonight before i add any more of the Cupramine as i raise the copper level to 0.5ppm. I'm hoping for the best, but who knows. Now the Tang is\was nipping at the tusk earlier. Probably trying to astablish new territories. :?

New here...watching with you...

Hi....I have a cycled 72 gallon bow front. I have some snails and crabs and 1 cardinal fish, 1 royal gramma, 1 fire goby and 1 domino damsel. I did not pay close enough attention to the condition of the gramma when he was chosen from the pet store. They told me it was okay to put them in the tank w/o quarantine....as they were SURE they were fine...anyhoo the very next day I see signs of ick...I waited as all tests came out fine...amonia etc. Long story short....all fish are in 10gal quarantine with no LR and added recommended dose of copper sulfate. I am reading here that they should be in the tank with proper levels for at least 3 weeks. Will the ick that is left in my main tank attack my snails and crabs and live rock? How long will it take before the ick is out of the main tank so I know it's safe to add my fish back?...How can I be sure?
TIA!!!!
Lisa

Will the ick that is left in my main tank attack my snails and crabs and live rock?

No, ick needs a fish host.

How long will it take before the ick is out of the main tank so I know it's safe to add my fish back?...

Approx 3 weeks. The life cycle is about 8 days to insure that all stages have had time to die off, 3 weeks is recommended.

How can I be sure?

Increase the temp to 84*F while there are no fish in there and the elevated temp should increase the metabolism of the parasite.

Thank you Kevin for such a quick reply! Is it okay to elevate the temp with the snails and crabs in the tank? I am assuming yes since I did mention that they are in the main tank. Should I start raising temp in the main tank gradually and over what period of time to get to 84F?
Thank you again!!! :wink:

I would raise it by 1* per day. btw, 84 isn't too high for the fish or the inverts, it is actually the average temp of the tropical reef where our animals come from, just make sure they are acclimated to the new temp slowly.

I used the Herbal Ich Attack... read on, not good!

I would not recomend this stuff. It seems to pollute the whole tank with a brown green appearance. It smells of garlic and seems to have chopped up seaweed in it as well and who knows what else.
My moshrooms started to shrink up and have not yet recovered. I lost my Achielles Tang who put up a good fight to the end with his bout of ich. Two days latter my two Seabae Clowns died. They to put up a good struggel with ich as well. Three fish within one week, I stopped the Ich Attack before I finished the recommended days of treatment. I guess I'll have to set up a QT Tank the next time my fish get ich.

Richard-

I used the Kordon Herbal medication on my firefish (who had ich) and it worked wonders. The product comes with very detailed instructions that is extremely newbie friendly.

In short, I would recommend it without a doubt.

Hi...I was posting to see if you had an update on your ick problem...THANKS!
Lisa :D

I hear putting a cleaner shrimp will chomp down on most parasites but I dont know that for a fact.

I would be skeptical of this product only because the constituents are not listed.
Can anyone who has a bottle list the ingredients?
As training to be a ND, I should be at least vaguely familiar with some of them.

Herbal products are usually not too selective, but can be even more effective than pharmacuticals. If it will kill the ich, it will likely kill the beneficial bacteria as well,
something tea tree oil would likely do.

Therefore, I wouldn't use it in a main tank, but would use this product before
using a copper or formaldehyde based treatment in the QT.

As for ich, I've heard that by the time you can see it on the fish, medications are usually not too effective anyways for saving the life of the fish; you may
have to resort to fresh water dips. Sorry about the loss of your fish.

Back
Top Bottom