has anyone ever used this? --- Aquarium Doctor BSB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tivaala

Aquarium Advice Activist
a friend gave me this after giving up their tank and i wondered if anyone has experience with this product? it has all the usual ingrediants, malachite green and such but the packaging dosnt list amounts and as a chemistry student i like to know these things. mostly though i wanted to know if anyone else has used it and how it went in case i ever have cause to put it in my tank.

Aquarium Doctor: BSB
by Tap (UK)Acriflavine, Hydrochloride & Malachite Green used for External bacterial & fungal infections in Freshwater & Marine fish.

This is the same ingredients as Jungle Lab's "Ick cure" tabs in US/Canada ... that I have used.

It worked for ich, although on further research, Malachite Green is better used with Formalin for external parasites. <Could also have used the salt or heat method for ich, prob less stressful to the fish.>

I didn't find too much on acriflavine. It might be useful in some viral disorder (ie lymphocystis - didn't work for me when I tried.), but I found no reference that it is useful in either parasitical, bacterial or fungal infections.

My verdict - prob an OK drug if use on spec. But better alternatives are available if you have an accurate diagnosis & treating for specific diseases.

Back
Top Bottom