Has anyone used carib seas purple up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't, but I am the type that doesn't like to use additives. If you keep a regular schedule of PWCs, that should replenish your depleted trace elements. I will say, I have seen folks say they like it.

#1... Yes, it's worth it IF you just want to speed up your coralline algae growth at the risk of maybe overdosing your tank on one or more elements. Purple Up is a cocktail of different additives so you can't accurately gauge how much of what you're putting in your tank, especially if you're already dosing with other bottles of single elements.

#2... It's gonna end up costing a lot more than $14. You have to keep using it for a while to see results.

#3... Does it really work? Yep. I have 4 SW tanks and I've been using it in 3 of them and after a couple months I can tell a difference in the amount of coralline algae between the tank without and the tanks with.
The most noticeable tank has huge spots of purple and green all over the glass and the walls of the in-tank fuge after only 3 months of being set up from scratch. Of course, I also started all my tanks with fully cured and aged LR that already had colonies of corralline growing on it to get the party started.

roka64 said:
If you keep a regular schedule of PWCs, that should replenish your depleted trace elements.

This will work just as good and help replenish anything else that is needed in your tank.

I have always noticed that by constant PWC, healthy water parameters, and good water movement the coralline algae will flourish on its own. The water movement is very important.

while using this product, is there a risk of the calcium getting too high? in other words, should you add according to a calcium test, or just add daily as it says on the bottle?

Back
Top Bottom