Has anyone used this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanceuppercut

Aquarium Advice Regular
After my DIY CO2 didn't work on my 3.5 gallon i decided I need to go pressurized. I would like to use a paintball tank for two reasons though, the tank is in a tight spot with little free room, and I already have one.

about the only thing I found was this:
Single CO2 Controller for Paint Ball Containers

has anyone used this, or something like it?

I think my DIY bottles either had a leak, or wont build up enough pressure to push CO2 through the diffuser. I had a real nice 3 two liter bottle /w seperator built, but its too big for the spot, and I think that might be overkill for a 3.5 gal. tank.

this one is 2 one liter bottles with a 20 oz seperator. It's producing CO2, but nothing is coming out of the diffuser

Sounds like either a leak or an issue with the diffuser. Some diffusers (atomizers mostly) won't work under low pressures. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the separators, but I wouldn't try to get too fancy until you have everything working well.

No reason to spend $100 on a CO2 system for a 3.5 if you haven't exhausted all your options. I'm going to be blasting 2 or 3 2-Liter bottles on my 2.5 when I first fill it up (Its growing emersed atm).

Back
Top Bottom