have a quick question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zao

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have an 7" fire eel, and he currently eats cut up nightcrawlers and some bloodworms that he can find. But I was thinking of this the other day. I wanted to ask you guys before I thought about doing this. But could I go to say wal-mart or some kind of supermarket and buy frozen shrimp, and cut it up for him to eat, as a treat or maybe if I am out of nightcrawlers??

:)
Thanks
Andy

The only thing about seafood for human consumption is that it is not treated for pathenogens as seafood for the aquarium. Seafood for human consumption is cooked before we eat it...mostly. Obviously not including sushi (though I'd never eat raw fish). It'd be a risk but I've never came into any problems when I get frozen raw shrimp from the grocery store for when we have Zebra Moray eels. They don't eat fish and live crabs get expensive after awhile. Especially for an eel's appetite...lol. If you want to give your fire eel something more meaty, try silversides. They're whole frozen fish.

Thank you TCTFish, for the post. I sure will keep that in mind. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom