Have i overstocked my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, another problem!

1 of my tiger barbs just died, the other one is hiding near the filter, while the other 2 fine, swimming around and eating. Also all other fish look fine.

WHATS GOING ON???

Check your water Parameters .. probably do a PWC .... is the one hiding by the filter breathing heavily and are the gills red / discolored?

not really, but the one that was dying was breathing really heavily.

btw wats a PWC

Schooling fish will be fine jn groups of three or 4, they will do better when they are bigger thought If in smaller groups. Test nitrate, it might be to high. As someone did say they can jump pretty good

Breathing heavily could be nitrate poisoning ... test the water ASAP. That's how I think I lost one of my Green Tiger Barbs. It stopped eating and was breathing rapidly, but all other fish in the tank were ok ... my nitrates at the time were nearing the upper 40ppm range.

If your T-Barb that's hiding out by the filter appears ok and will eat, then it's a
probably a T-Barb behavior I see with one of mine. Could be another on the T-Barbs challenged him for dominance and he's hiding out. Also do not be surprised if they start to point their bodies with their heads towards the bottom, tail towards the surface.

That kinda sounds like swim bladder disease. Well more then kinda

PLease enlighten me, what's swim bladder disease??? It was swimming kind of funny before it died (upside down then an the side)

I think I got a bht that has it but it only swims that way in one spot of the tank maybe it's just the current

Back
Top Bottom