have problems feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay when i put the fish food .flakes. in the tank the power heads tend to push them all into my over flow box? what should i do?

Is your sump pump off?

When I feed, I make sure that I turn off all the powerheads and the sump pump. It would be way too messy if I left all those pumps blowing water everywhere when feeding.

its so wierd i have to shut down my tank to feed dont u think?

If you are feeding flake food, hold it under water for a second before letting it go.... This will help... I have never had to shut my system down to feed... Feed away from the over flow, or dont point the ph's to the overflow...

I have never had to shut my system down to feed... Feed away from the over flow

Agreed Never once have I had to shut down my system except when doing water changes.. My clowns are extremely agressive eaters and get most flake foods before it even gets near the overflow anyways.. However I feed in the complete oposite corner than where the overflow is..

HTH,
James

You guys do just the opposite of what I do. I shut down my powerheads and sump when I feed. I guess I probably don't really have to with the Formula One pellets as the fish get those fairly quickly.

But when feeding the blender mush, I have found that the clown and coral beauty will not touch the smaller pieces. They really want the big chunks. If I were to leave on the pumps, it would be a totally mess inside the tank. At least with the pumps off, I can scoop out the uneaten larger pieces of the mush.

Back
Top Bottom