Have you heard of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O ALX O

Aquarium Advice Activist
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_viaaqua_multi-skimmer.asp?CartId= I was just given one of these that has the UV for free. I googled it and read that it was a piece of junk. Anyone use this before and if so what are your thoughts.
Now would this work as a starter filtration system for a 55g saltwater tank?
Just curious as I am researching before I jump into my first salt tank.

Any and all comments suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

I`ve never used it but it sure does have alot of equipment on it. Moving to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

Nobody? Seen of? Heard of?

I will give it a shot and see what happens.
Thanks to those of you who viewed!

I've heard that it is absolutely terrible. This is from a few different people at a few different fish stores. Part of the reason is that your skimmer, filter, and UV are in one so if one part breaks the whole thing is pretty much no good anymore and you have two things to buy instead of one. Also i can't see it being useful on a tank more than 10-20 gallons even if it was a good product.

Okay I also am hearing locally from lfs that it is junk. It only moves 200gph. Replacement UV bulbs run 30 bucks and are hard to find. Water will go over safety overflow instead of through UV filter and foam filter. Protein skimmer is difficult to adjust for proper skimming.

So I will be using this thing for water movement and maybe some bacterial filtering if I can get the water to flow all the way through instead of going over the safety overflow.

I will see what happens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom