Having trouble with seascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horvy19

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it ok for the rock to touch the back wall? Feel like it will be tuff to clean now. Tried to leave lots of openings at bottom for water movement and some flat spots for coral and stuff. How does it look? Need feedback?thanks love this site.

image-2882021949.jpg

image-669864219.jpg

Ya its fine for it to touch the back wall because i dont even clean back there! Lol i only clean the sides and front. For the scape try and make some sort of overhang/arch it would look sweet!

Haha i spent 3 hours on mine! You could get some putty and glue it together... It would be cool!

I used it and it worked pretty well. For only a little bit of rock like you have it would work really well IMO

lil word of advice. Take the gsp rock and keep it alone on the sand or else before you know it your whole tank will be overgrown and its very hard to remove once its encrusted lol.

Mrc8858 said:
lil word of advice. Take the gsp rock and keep it alone on the sand or else before you know it your whole tank will be overgrown and its very hard to remove once its encrusted lol.

Can't really find a spot away that I like or without restructure, is there a way to keep it in contained what I mean is can I just cut it when I see it start to grow onto the other rock?

Horvy19 said:
Can't really find a spot away that I like or without restructure, is there a way to keep it in contained what I mean is can I just cut it when I see it start to grow onto the other rock?

I made the mistake of placing it on a structural piece in my tank which I've been battling it by every couple months blasting one side with a pump which slowly kills it then switch it back like a yoyo effect lol. You can also use epoxy or putty to just cover it up to kill it. You can try peeling it off but most rocks I've seen will have too many nooks to really get it off...

Edit* you could try breaking a frag off which you could keep and sell the large colony off for a free frag in a sense.. then you could place it better and have it fit the tank more to your liking

Mrc8858 said:
I made the mistake of placing it on a structural piece in my tank which I've been battling it by every couple months blasting one side with a pump which slowly kills it then switch it back like a yoyo effect lol. You can also use epoxy or putty to just cover it up to kill it. You can try peeling it off but most rocks I've seen will have too many nooks to really get it off...

Edit* you could try breaking a frag off which you could keep and sell the large colony off for a free frag in a sense.. then you could place it better and have it fit the tank more to your liking

Gsp is a menace lol

If you have room on your back wall glue it on there and it will spread out on there. If there is high enough lighting, some people just let it grow on the sand and frag it..very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom