Hearty Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
What/which fish should i purchase that is hearty and nice to regulate my hospital tank permanently until it needs to be used, in which case they will be transferred to the 55 gal with 4 male dwarf gouramis, 1 swordtail, 1 guppy, 1 upside down catfish. All suggestions welcomed!! :fish1:

I'm warning you now that members on this forum are not going to like this thread. Lol. I looked into this and found that a plain goldfish or cories worked perfectly for this task.
Alternatively, as people on this site would have you do, you can take the filter material out of your hospital tank filter and keep it in the filter of your main tank. That way, when you need your main tank you just take it out of a closet somewhere and insta-cycle the hospital tank for use.

Shark_Bait said:
What/which fish should i purchase that is hearty and nice to regulate my hospital tank permanently until it needs to be used, in which case they will be transferred to the 55 gal with 4 male dwarf gouramis, 1 swordtail, 1 guppy, 1 upside down catfish. All suggestions welcomed!! :fish1:

Hmm what kinda filter are u running. Like 43gallon said keep ur filter running in Ur 55g until needed! This method is a win win situation! U get double filtration and also u saved yourself plenty of pwc!

in the hospital tank i have a aqua clear 20 running now. i understand the transfer which will save me time and effort for changes. but if i was to keep on in there just to bring some life into the small tank, what would be best to have that would be easy to transfer to the 55 if needed?

If you have fish in your QT (hospital tank), then it's not really a QT any more but a display tank (DT), isn't it? What will you do with the fish in the QT when you really need to use it?

I keep a 5g clear tub on hand with a spare heater for my QT. The filter runs on one of my tanks and when I need to QT a fish, I can have it setup in about 10 minutes fully cycled.

If you want to maintain a running QT, use snails. They have a high bio-load to keep the tank cycled and when you need to use it, snails can survive in a glass bowl.

Back
Top Bottom