Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justkell

Aquarium Advice Regular
I I am starting up a 55 gallon what'd brand of heater do you used pro and cons
Thanks

I have only occasionally used a small Tetra heater so I don't have much experience with different heaters, but I might be able to help anyway. If you don't already know, there are three main kinds of heaters. Preset heaters are permanently set at a temperature of about 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The other two types are adjustable, one just has a knob with a + and - sign and an indicator light to show when it's on. The second, most preferred kind lets you set the temperature to whatever you want. Also, I think the main guideline is either one, or two (look it up because I can't remember which is right) watts per gallon. I did do some looking and the EHEIM Jager heater looks really good.

Off topic here, just curious, is this your first tank? What fish do you plan to keep?

Hope this helped!

This is my 2 nd tank ! I have a penn hex heater in my 36 and hate it turns off randomly all the time kills my fish. Planning on keeping convicts and maybe a JD in the 55 I am in the process of setting up now

This is my 2 nd tank ! I have a penn hex heater in my 36 and hate it turns off randomly all the time kills my fish. Planning on keeping convicts and maybe a JD in the 55 I am in the process of setting up now

Cool. I've heard of those heaters doing that :/

I own 3 Cobalt digital heaters and will not buy any other! They are very accurate and easy to use. I want to replace all my heater with them now, I like them so much! They are a little pricey but if you only have 2 tanks it wont be so bad.

Back
Top Bottom