Hellllppppp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey3159

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am not certain if this is the right place to post this but I am new here so please bear with me...

I would consider myself an intermediate to aquariums but this is my first planted tank... my fish are not doing well..a few have died ..I'm seeing some form of tail rot but they were healthy when purchased

I'll provide as much info as I can

3 gal long
Finnex plant light
Eco complete substrate under gravel
Liquid fertilizer and liquid CO2 weekly
Plants are Amazon swords, ludwigias, Anubis
Ph 7.8 to 8
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0

I put some drift wood in to try and lower Ph so there are some tannins being released

IMG_3591.jpg

Temp is 78

Thank you

The solution is antibiotics. Gram negative antibiotics, usually best mixed in food. It can be pricy and complicated......so maybe easier to just buy more fish after these kick the bucket.

The solution is antibiotics. Gram negative antibiotics, usually best mixed in food. It can be pricy and complicated......so maybe easier to just buy more fish after these kick the bucket.
Are you saying this is columnaris? Antibiotics should not be given lightly.

Tail rot that spreads and is deadly is often columnaris, pseudomonas or aermonas bacteria.
The only 100% effective complete cure would be antibiotics, yes.
I havent yet reccomended to go out and buy anything, especially for only 3 fish.

Tail rot that spreads and is deadly is often columnaris, pseudomonas or aermonas bacteria.
The only 100% effective complete cure would be antibiotics, yes.
I havent yet reccomended to go out and buy anything, especially for only 3 fish.

So I'm guessing they were sick when I bought them ?...they were the first fish for this new tank

Fish plural? 3g? OP never stated species?

The three that are left are black tetras not expensive ...I'm just trying to figure what went south so fast when I felt did everything right ...some plants are doing well others so so...I guess the fish were sick when I bout them ?

Its good looking tank. Obviously your way over stocked. Nitrates at zero in a 3g with three fish I assume your cycling with them? Fin rot could certainly be a wq issue. Keeping pristine water is imo the best treatment for fin rot. Daily wc in that would be easy.

Its good looking tank. Obviously your way over stocked. Nitrates at zero in a 3g with three fish I assume your cycling with them? Fin rot could certainly be a wq issue. Keeping pristine water is imo the best treatment for fin rot. Daily wc in that would be easy.

Lol ...sorry I just noticed a big typo..it's 30 gallon not 3...

And I still got advice ..thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom