hello all....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winston1994

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
been doing this fish keeping hobby for couple years know... so i thought i would join a forum to hopefully learn something...

my first question is....

is this a red devil or Midas?

Attachments

• reddevil.jpg
    reddevil.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

thanks all... thats what throwing me is his nuchal hump... i don't consider it to be big but i don't know... plus i read somewhere that the red devil has fatter lips which to me he does... he is two plus years old so when he was a 1+" or so he had black in him so i again... know he close to 12" an very thick an a feisty one.... very cool fish regardless...

Most amphilophus citrinellum or labiatus in the market are actually a hybrid of the two, often called midevils. When one is not sure of the exact species, it's best to just call it a midevil, to save the gene pool of both species, which have been all but destroyed in the hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I second what freak said. I too have a midevil. Mine looks more labiatus and in my opinion yours looks more citrinellum. But both most likely a mix of the two Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom