Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnyroton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Afternoon! I wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself. I was looking for ideas on stocking the 75 Gallon Tank I will be purchasing and came across this site. When I was younger I had fish tanks. We have had a few different Betta's at the house over the past couple of years. I decided for Christmas to get my kids a larger tank (selfish present) and purchased my 20G Long. Well not that long after I was came down with Multiple Tank Syndrome. We live in a condo, so space is at a premium. I finally negotiated :brows: with my wife that if I gave one of our couches away we could get a larger tank :) So the 75 Gallon will be purchased in the next couple of months. Currently we have the 2 tanks, the 20GL and 5G Betta Tank. I have been doing a lot of reading on multiple fish forums and always get sucked into the black hole of moving from one thread to another I look forward to reading some good content on here. :fish2:

Hello Jon...

A couple of years ago, I set up a 75 gallon tank and put some Goldfish "Feeder" fry in it. I lost one, because Feeders are notoriously weak and underfed. There were 20 fish of different colors and today, 19 are growing nicely. All are at least 2 to 3 inches long. One is close to 7 inches. I just feed a variety of foods and change out a little over half the water every week. They're thriving and I don't think you could find a hardier or prettier fish. The tank needs no heater and I use cheap, dual sponge filters. The tank is simple to keep. May be perfect for you.

B

Hello Jon...

A couple of years ago, I set up a 75 gallon tank and put some Goldfish "Feeder" fry in it. I lost one, because Feeders are notoriously weak and underfed. There were 20 fish of different colors and today, 19 are growing nicely. All are at least 2 to 3 inches long. One is close to 7 inches. I just feed a variety of foods and change out a little over half the water every week. They're thriving and I don't think you could find a hardier or prettier fish. The tank needs no heater and I use cheap, dual sponge filters. The tank is simple to keep. May be perfect for you.

B
Thank you for the welcome! I think I want to go with a variety of community fish. I am thinking of sword tail, tetras (possible cardinal), I really love the German Blue Ram, a few different shoaling/schooling fish. With a tank that big I want many different types of fish :)

My vote is dwarf South American Cichlids with schooling fish on the top level and shoaling on the bottom.

Curious......what exactly did your wife get out of that deal?? [emoji23][emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom