Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chantal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had freshwater aquariums for the past 10 years, nothing very advanced - always livebearers, the odd pleco (tragic accident ended that), dwarf frog, and now a very small weather loach. Making me a seasoned beginner, at best. (Not saying I'm anything better than beginner - just good at being a beginner :lol:)

Active setup right now is the 30 gallon with 3 guppies and the weather loach (very empty!) with a sand substrate. I'm using a HOB filter with BioMedia jammed in there for good measure. The filter is actually rated for a 60gallon tank (bought the setup second hand - the previous owner had 6-8 red belly piranhas in it :eek: but apparently they did quite well - they were sold separate from the aquarium)

Maintenance routine includes checking the water parameters daily with API Master Kit (or at least every second day - I'm paranoid of changes, it's comforting to KNOW what's going on), weekly PWC of ~20%.
pH - 7.6~
Ammonia - 0
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 10ppm~

I'd love to get into something more than livebearers, maybe be more than just a beginner in time. For now though, I'm in love with my albino male guppy. I'll have to try to take a picture - he's gorgeous. What's the secret for getting GOOD pictures? I've never been successful. Anyways, first time I've seen an albino 'in the flesh' and couldn't resist! Hopefully in a few months time I'll be sporting a bunch of albino babies.

I'm a forum addict, always googling problems/solutions/ideas, so it's about time I chose one to be active in - so here I am!

If anyone has any questions or comments, let me know!!

img_1608545_0_eba22c5758edf30a1e3372ba896ddf33.jpg

img_1608545_1_a94dc6fddc581f98549e3f43a9014563.jpg

When I master this aquarium picture taking I'll be THRILLED. But here's a couple of the albino male. The red eye isn't due to my awful photography skills, it's actually red. :lol:

I wish I was better at this picture taking, the pictures hardly due him justice, but practice makes perfect! Out of ~100 photos I have those two. If not for him I'd been seriously considering going a different route completely with the aquarium.

Now hopefully in several months I'll have a billion more albino guppies :love:

The 3 females are all pregnant right now.. Bought two at the same time as the male so maybe they`re already harbouring albino fry.. The third bought today and she clearly won`t have albino fry haha. So after a few months of purging them, should be good! I feel like he`s a pimp!

Back
Top Bottom