Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacemira

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Another new member.

I have been in and out of the fish keeping hobby for almost 5 years now. Never really had experienced fish keepers to help me along the way but I managed to have a 65 G tank with spawning Angels, and Julii Cories until I had to move. But not taking into account the changes in water hardness with the move, I unfortunately lost everything. Where I moved to couldn't accomodate the 65 on the main floor and the basement had to be gutted. So my 65 G is remaining empty until future date.

Right now I am doing a fishless cycle in a planted 20 G. Hoping to have a tiger barb tank. The cycling was going great (Am-0, Nitrites 1 ppm, Nitrates - 20 ppm) and then over 48 hours my cycling process crashed. My ammonia is up to 2.5 ppm, 0 Nitrites, and the Nitrates were somewhere between 0 and 5 ppm (api liquid test resulted in a darker yellow but not quite orange). Not sure what I did wrong. Was using fish flakes to "feed" the tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom