Hello from Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jweisman54

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve had freshwater tanks since I was 16 with my largest tank being a 55 a few years ago. Haven’t had a tank since then. I saw a friend’s 150 African cichlids tank and drooled over it. I bought a 75 gallon yesterday but think the filled weight might be too much for the floor even though on a load bearing wall with excellent support under in basement. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Joyce

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

You should be Ok. I had a 125 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump and everything was ok.

I’ve had freshwater tanks since I was 16 with my largest tank being a 55 a few years ago. Haven’t had a tank since then. I saw a friend’s 150 African cichlids tank and drooled over it. I bought a 75 gallon yesterday but think the filled weight might be too much for the floor even though on a load bearing wall with excellent support under in basement. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Joyce
I would say you are OK as well . I see you are in Mass. We have a very good local club in the New England area dedicated to Cichlids of all regions . Check us out at https://www.necichlids.org/ .We have monthly meeting and just recently hosted the past ACA Convention . We also have a very cool convention coming up in March with Ivan Mikolji coming in.
If you would like more info - shoot me a message

Back
Top Bottom