Hello I am a new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mereyal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish2:
Hello I am new to fish keeping and looking forward to reading all about fishy things and being apart of your fish community.
I have a 90 litre tank with 2 male dwarf gourami,s and 2 females. 12 neon tetras, 3 female and 1 male guppy and a lonely rasbora awaiting on tank mates.
I have a problem, I noticed my male gourami has an issue he has a lumpy growth under his mouth its been developing for a while, It's a spherical growth and is affecting tissue under his mouth. It almost looks like a tumour. The growth is the same colour as the fish. There are no white spots and it does not have any fungal-like appearance. I have attached a pic if anyone can help it would be appreciated very much.

Mereyal

I'm not seeing the pic but I second that it's probably a tumor. No cure for it. All you can do is attempt to cut it out if you have the know how.

Oh that's no good, I'll see how he goes, he seems happy at atm eating swimming normal behaviour for a fish I guess. I'll give him the best life I can.

I had a black skirt tetra with the same problem and he lived for a couple years with it. Hopefully it's the only tumor he gets as they have a tendency to spread to other areas of the fish.

It cant spread to other fish can it? I tried to upload another pic last message I assume that didn't upload either so one last try...

Attachments

• IMG20190108174549.jpg
    IMG20190108174549.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 34
Generally shouldn’t spread but viral could possibly. Things to check are tap water report for absence of heavy metals and tank nitrates below 80. These things can trigger an infection.

I agree with Delapool. If it's viral it's more of a sporozoan cyst and looks like a tumor though he won't last long if he has that. There are also cancerous tumors. But without cutting it out and looking at it under a microscope, if you have that know how, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a cancerous tumor or a benign tumor.

Back
Top Bottom