Hello New Friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NGaHurricane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am being a good member and introducing myself to the AA community.

Quickly, I have minimal experience in salt. I had a 120 set up for 5 years and did well for the most part lost a few but kept a majority the entire time until I broke it down in a move. This was 10 years ago.

Now I am older and ready to start again. Since my last aquarium, I have become an avid DIY-type. Id rather try multiple times myself than buy or pay someone to do something.

My new project is a in-wall build. I am building a plywood aquarium approx 8L x 3H x 1W. I know this is an odd dimension, but I am restricted within the wall but am determined to do it!!! I plan on building the filters and overflows/sump buying only the materials to accomplish the end product. I consent I will have to buy a pump and come up with a lighting idea because I am not spending $$$$ on an LED system to penetrate 36" of water.

The framing is already in place, and I plan on starting the aquarium build this evening.

I am looking foward to participating in many fruitful discussions about this addictive hobby.

I'd love to see a build like that. If you like DIY you could definitely make your own LED lighting system for way less than a prebuilt fixture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom