Hello to all, new fish enthusiast here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi, Im Mike from Tennessee and have messed around with 10 gallon tanks on and off a little in my youth. I do not know much at all about aquariums or fish. I have a 55 gallon aqarium and have just got it clean and ready to set on the stand. I am interested in Cichlid's but am not sure after reading a little here and there. I look forward to learning and seeing all the great pics on here of your fish and set ups. Thanks :cool:

Welcome to AA! Great job researching first! :)

Thank You both,
Melosu and HN1 .
Ive read and tried to ask many questions at my LFS I think ive driven myself into even more confusion. I think I enlightened one person at my LFS and they called someone with far greater Cichlid knowledge. Thanks to AA.com

welcometoaa.gif

Ok Im almost ready to clean gravel, ornaments, rocks and stuff to finally add water. :)
So far Ive got .... 55 gallon on wooden stand. two Marineland 280 HOB Biowheel filtration units, a 300 watt deep blue heat stick, gravel and Cichlid substrate to mix, some slate rock and Texas holey rock and another kind of rock to help raise PH level for African Cichlid and a magnetic thermometer.

I am gonna go with black either painted background or tape on. and possibly add a airstone to an ornamental dragon (not yet purchased) and Im about out of cash flow :)

Hiya Mike from Tennesee! Welcome to the forum.

I currently am running a 55 gallon with african malawi cichlids. It's such a great fish species, I wish you lots of luck.

Since your pretty close to final set up you might wanna start reading up on fishless cycling so you have a head start.

The one thing I didn't see on your list was a test kit for the water. You should def invest in the freshwater API kit, you are gonna need it!

Carey,

Thank You I actually do have one but was reading the API was a better test kit. Alot of reading on here and even more confusion but its getting clearer LOL Thanks, oh and am reading all about the cycling, thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom