Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemkom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I purchased a Sarasa comet goldfish yesterday promptly named him Ferdinand. He has become a bit of a fancy fish in just under 24 hours because he currently resides in a tank of bottled Spring water (water in Los Angeles is just too terrible for him, or so I have been informed). I am looking forward to all the advice and tips I can get from this community so Ferdinand can live out his life as a happy fish.

How big is the tank? Chances are, your tap water is fine, just so long as you have the right dechlorinator. Check out the link in my signature on fishless cycling also.

Thanks! My tank is about 1.5 gallons and I didn't find out until after I brought it home that it might be too small.

Umm... Let's look into a 20 gallon for him... REALLY soon... And let's fishless cycle this one, with tap water and prime, and ignore what the fish people at the store say.;) welcome by the way!

Yes, I was considering a 10 gallon, but I need to move some furniture around first. Space comes at a premium in LA. Well, the first store clerk was not nearly as helpful as the one that helped me today, but I have an air pump and air stone going so I am not rushing home to make sure Ferdinand is ok. I figure if I start a tank now, by the time he grows a bit he will be very comfortable in his new home.

Lemkom said:
Yes, I was considering a 10 gallon, but I need to move some furniture around first. Space comes at a premium in LA. Well, the first store clerk was not nearly as helpful as the one that helped me today, but I have an air pump and air stone going so I am not rushing home to make sure Ferdinand is ok. I figure if I start a tank now, by the time he grows a bit he will be very comfortable in his new home.

He will also be stunted in his present home. A goldfish like him can grow to be very big.

Comet's grow to about 18", a 20 gallon wouldn't even cut it, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom