Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigdon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm in the process of setting up a new tank. I have a jewel trigon 190l tank which I so far have 20 kg of live rock and 5 kg of live sand and I also have an external filter running and a skimmer. My tank has salinity of 1.23 and is 26 deg c in temperature. I have 2 t8 marine tubes a white red and a blue 1 running and an led blue tube. It's been cycling a week now and I'm taking my first water sample to my lfs today for my 1st test. I'm a marine virgin so please any advice would be great.

Attachments

• image-1693944951.jpg
    image-1693944951.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 79
The best advice in general is to go slow. Take your time and don't rush things. You'll be less likely to run into major problems that way. Always do research on the critters you want to add to your tank before buying and always, always QT your fish before adding them into your display tank.

What type of tank you doing..reef/fowlr?

At a quick look I would add some power heads. Advice also is don't listen to your lfs as a lot lie not all but if you ask on here then you will get a fair answer as no one is trying to sell you anything. Also I would buy yourself a test kit. If you are having issues first thing people normally ask you on here is what are your parameters. And do your research to save from buying fish to watch them eat each other or grow sick from being in a tank too small for them

Also if you wish to keep your filter on there maintain it well or you will have nitrate issues but tbh you don't need a filter and a skimmer really

My lfs is very good and hasn't tried and won't try to sell me anything I've been using him a long time for tropicals in fact he told me to get stuff cheaper on eBay lol. I have one power head in there now and I will do my parameters once my water is cycled. It's mid way through cycling now and also my lfs won't even sell me fish until he is happy with my water and he won't sell me critters that aren't compatible with each other or my tank. He's been very good with advice and what stuff I need to get. And it's a 50 g tank and I am planning on reef

Back
Top Bottom