Hello!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Rich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey my wife and I are fairly new to fish keeping, and we are absolutely hooked already. Set up a 65g tropical to start, and since we let it set for the month to establish then stock, we have also gotten a betta tank, and are thinking about setting up another tank, with the goal to learn enough to set up a salt tank. I really don’t know what I am doing, but am a quick learner and love diving head first into things.IMG_1522.jpgIMG_1523.jpgIMG_1524.jpgIMG_1527.jpg

Nice looking tank. I would do regular water parameter tests for a few weeks to be sure your cycle is established. If you see any readable ammonia or nitrites do 25% water change, and add to your stocking slowly.

That was a fast setup I have a 55 gallon going and it been cycling for 7 weeks and it still not done yet
Nice looking betta

Nice looking tank. I would do regular water parameter tests for a few weeks to be sure your cycle is established. If you see any readable ammonia or nitrites do 25% water change, and add to your stocking slowly.

Will do! Thank you! We have been going to the local aquarium shop almost everyday and taking water samples. They have been super helpful and I’m sure all of you will be as well!

That was a fast setup I have a 55 gallon going and it been cycling for 7 weeks and it still not done yet
Nice looking betta

Ours was a little over a month, closer to 6/7 weeks, we made the rookie mistake of getting fish like 2 days after the tank was set up, and nobody made it.. and thank you, his name is Neptune and he knows he is beautiful lol

Thank you I don’t have room for multiple tanks. But I will make sure not to get anything with fancy tails other then the betta. We wouldn’t want him to think it another betta in the tank

Thank you I don’t have room for multiple tanks. But I will make sure not to get anything with fancy tails other then the betta. We wouldn’t want him to think it another betta in the tank

Honestly we weren’t going to start a betta tank, but we found a little one for like $5 at goodwill and gave it a good scrubbing.

Back
Top Bottom